Color Factory is committed to your safety.
We pledge to continue sharing joy through color in a completely clean, safe, and healthy environment. Our industry-leading safety procedures are listed below and we’ll continue to update this page as changes are made.
- IN HOUSTON: We recommend face masks for all guests 3 years old and older regardless of vaccination status. Unvaccinated guests are required to wear a mask. We will not require proof of vaccination, but we will ask for guests’ responsible and respectful cooperation with this policy. Disposable masks will be provided for guests if needed.
- IN NEW YORK: Guests 12 and older will be required to show proof they have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine authorized for emergency use by the FDA or WHO. Guests that appear age 18 and older are required to provide valid government issued photo identification along with proof of vaccination. Proof of vaccination may include: NYC COVID Safe App, Excelsior Pass, CDC Vaccination Card (or photo), NYC Vaccination Record, or an official immunization record from outside NYC or the U.S. If you received the vaccine outside the U.S., you must have an official immunization record that includes: first name and last name, date of birth, vaccine product name (only vaccines authorized by the WHO are acceptable), date(s) administered, site where the vaccine was administered, or name of the person who administered it. For more information on this city-wide requirement, please review the “Key to NYC” HERE. For more information about getting your COVID-19 vaccine in NYC, please see HERE.
- Unfortunately, refunds will not be given to guests who cannot provide proof of vaccination. In this instance, we’re happy to reschedule their visit for a time when they are vaccinated.
- We encourage guests to use hand sanitizer whenever offered.
- We ask everyone to arrive on-time so we can maintain a steady flow within our venues.G
If you feel sick, have tested positive for COVID-19, or have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, we offer hassle-free rescheduling. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Color Factory has always maintained a world-class facilities team and cleaning procedures across each of our locations. Moving forward, we’re leading our industry by implementing the following, additional safety protocols to ensure each employee and guest is safe.
- Installing ultraviolet lights and specialized filters inside our HVAC system to continually purify the air within our buildings
- Running HVAC fans throughout the day to ensure constant air circulation
- Implementing state-of-the-art technology that dispenses a natural and organic antimicrobial vapor, decontaminating our high touch rooms throughout the day
- Adding self-cleaning film to (as well as immediately disinfecting) high touch spots like door handles, elevator buttons, iPads and restrooms
- Employing a dedicated disinfectant crew to keep the facilities spotless at all times
- Nightly deep cleaning using disinfectants proven to kill SARS-CoV-2
- Installing 14 new hand sanitizer stations in each venue
- Installing new plexiglass barriers in close-contact areas (ticket registration, gift shop checkout, and wherever food is served)
- Maintaining a one-directional exhibit experience
- Pre-packaging all treats (including ice cream) in individually sealed containers
Venue Capacity & Guest Flow
- Limiting hours so guest groups can maintain a safe distance
- Maintaining a steady flow in the venue through timed entry ticketing
- Separating entrances and exits to limit potential guest interactions
- Educating and training employees on all new COVID-19 protocols so they can safely guide guests through the venue
- Enforcing hand-washing at intervals throughout each shift
- Requiring all employees to wear face masks on the floor, regardless of vaccine status
- Implementing up to 14-day self-isolation and ongoing protocols for anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or for anyone who has shown symptoms after being in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19